What is the m.a.p.a.q. Food Handler training?
This training lasts 6 hours when given face to face, It covers the knowledge allowing to work in food establishments in a manner in accordance with the current regulations. It gives a Good for Life Certificate recognized and sought after by employers. It allows employers to meet their quota of trained people while enriching their team of conscientious people, sharing a common positive attitude towards hygiene in general.
What is the training for a food establishment manager of the m.a.p.a.q.?
This training lasts 12 hours when given face to face. It covers the knowledge of the Food Handler training as seen from the perspective of the manager, i.e. the person who must plan, organize and control all aspects of the food process healthiness in the company. Indeed, in the eyes of m.a.p.a.q., this training is not only compulsory for at least one person per license, but it is that person m.a.p.a.q. will ask questions to when occasion arises. So in order to prepare the manager for this, we provide a whole toolbox illustrated with field experiences. This will allow the manager to be ready, to choose where to put his energy and resources and to be a leader authentically oriented towards food safety. The Certificate is good for life. It will be included in the calculation of the quota of trained people required by m.a.p.a.q.
What is the quota referred to in the other answers?
188.8.131.52. of Regulation P-29: In addition to that provided for in article 184.108.40.206, the operator must comply with one of the following obligations:
1 ° ensure the presence in the place or vehicle, during the hours when it carries out its activities, of the person responsible for the control of hygiene and food safety or of at least one member of its staff with '' a food handler or food establishment manager training certificate;
2 ° ensure that at least 10% of the members of its staff assigned to the preparation of the products or to the washing or cleaning of the material and equipment in contact with the products, including the person in charge of hygiene control and food safety, hold a food handler or food establishment manager training certificate.
How to pick which m.a.p.a.q. training I should take?
If you open or buy a food business, you or someone to whom you delegate this function, will need to be trained on the Food Establishment Manager course since at least one person must have this training for each license. issued by mapaq https://www.mapaq.gouv.qc.ca/fr/Transformation/Qualitedesaliments/Hygienesalubrite/Pages/Hygienesalubrite.aspx
For the rest, article 220.127.116.11. of Regulation P-29 provides the necessary information.
Why train more employees than what the m.a.p.a.q. requires?
Many employers find there is a definite advantage in having a strong core of trained people within their team so that people speak the same language when a health issue arises. Such a nucleus has a beneficial influence on new employees. The team makes fewer mistakes, it is more proactive and the climate is improved. And let's not forget that providing customers with an impeccable location and behavior also pays dividends.
Can I apply for a permit if I have not completed my Food Establishment Manager training?
Tell us about it before you think the answer has to be no.
What advice do you give to people undertaking online training?
- Read carefully all the pages of the impecplus.com site which are related to the training you have chosen to follow.
- Do not undertake your study if you do not have all the pages of the study module. The last pages should be the quiz corrections. Ask questions if you have any doubts.
- You will be entitled to 1 hour of zoom session before your exam to discuss the subject (twice an hour for the Food Establishment Manager training). Decide what you want to do during this hour, no one has the same needs. This hour does not replace a serious and complete study of the course module. Usually people use it to dig on certain aspects of the course. Do not request your zoom session if you do not have:
- Done the equivalent of 2 good serious readings of the material
- Done all the quiz exercises, consulted the expected answers and corrected your errors by returning to the subject in question in the text of the learning module. (manipulator module only)
I have never used zoom, do you have any advice for me?
- If you do not know zoom, you can view one of these videos for your computer (there are many, even in French):
Or on your cell phone:
- Choose a functional device (pc, tablet or cell phone) so that you can begin your zoom session with no delay without wasting time on technical or IT questions.
- If you are using a pc, make sure it is in working order. If you haven't turned it on for a long time, it may go into updates mode once it's turned on. Thus, you may be unable to use it for long minutes. This is one of the possible examples.
- Practice Zoom before your session starts so that you may enjoy your full hour. You don't want to waste 15 minutes because you don't know how to turn on your mic or camera. Make try outs with friends. Remember that at the bottom left of a pc screen you'll find sound and camera controls.
- Be connected 5 minutes before the scheduled start of your session.
If I think I am having personal difficulties, am I entitled to any help?
Accommodations are possible in case you have cognitive, linguistic, physical or other learning difficulties. Leave it to us to assess what we can do to make your learning easier. We cannot guarantee anything but send us your request and we will study it carefully. On this subject, let's say that we don't just want to sell you training, we want to emulate the mapaq in its plan to reduce foodborne illnesses in Quebec. Therefore, it is above all important to us that you understand the material being taught. So we do want to help.